Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Expanding Horizons...Taking it to the Next Level

Friday night, we went to our local karaoke place. As usual, we got put off. Rather than be rude, we stayed until 10pm; then we raced off to a new place.

Good idea.

Uncharted territory, possible competition, possible audience, possible success....

the possibilities were endless.

Well, I had a good time and I think everyone else did, as well.

The beer was better, we knew the waitress (who's a doll), no one felt uncomfy with the surroundings (even tho one's feet tend to stick to the floor).

No one felt uncomfortable with the surroundings, but I was nervous about signing up - so was Brian.

You've got to remember that I do this without benefit of alcohol or drugs. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact that I do this cold. I sang my first number and when I finished my legs were like jelly; I know there were angels holding me up as I stepped down from the stage and made my way back to our table. No kidding, when I sat down my legs were quivering; what an odd sensation.

Brian said he felt very apprehensive, but he did "good."

We both got over being "skeered" and went on to sing a duet together and Brian sang a duet with someone we'd just met.

I like the fact that karaoke starts at 9pm SHARP. No sitting around waiting for karaoke, or sitting around waiting to see if there will BE karaoke. This is great.

Now that we've discovered a new karaoke place, I've got to "big up" my songbook.

Many thanks to everybody who went Friday night - it was F U N ! ! !

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

I'm looking forward to your rendition of "Born to be Wild" again this week-- you were awesome and you really got the party started!

Hope I didn't embarass you with the duet-- unlike you, I need lots and lots of alcohol to get the nerve to sing in public!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home