Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Such talent among my friends and acquaintences....

I simply cannot compete.

Looking back on some of the early posts of the bloggers known to me, there has been an incredible blooming of writing and storytelling talents, and worldliness of which I wasn't previously aware. Living proof that practice leads to "perfect," but only if there is a base of life experience or a luminous imagination (i.e., Jane Austen.)

It's easy to write technical manuals and how-to's, but it's another animal altogether to be able to take a person or incident and make it come ALIVE.

Reading Brian's account of hunger made my tummy growl. Beverly brought Goldie into living color with an odd kind of romance that leads to staring out the window with one's chin on folded hands. Kevin is the new blogger on the block, but in just a few posts a fresh, sensitive style is emerging which can only flourish.

I may not have time to read books for pleasure, but these writers give me a few minutes away from MY realities by sharing THEIR realities, past or present.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What nice comments. Thank you, Kitty.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home