Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A New Year; A New Attitude?

The blog is anti-photo. Therefore, I'll have to use a quote to grab your attention - here it is:

"Keep doing what you've been doing, and you will keep getting what you've been getting." - Jackie B. Cooper

As much as I just detest admitting any shortcoming, I'll do just that - I have many of them; too many to list.

One thing I know and will admit is: I CAN BE BETTER!!!

I've had an awful lot of time to myself over the holidays. For me, Christmas lasts until January 6 (when the Wise Men finally made it to Bethlehem with the presents). I wanted to post a photo of poor little Ruby Wilson (A Cup Full of Kitten from a previous blog) stuffed into a Christmas stocking. That's what happens when you're born too cute to leave alone! When the blog permits, I'll post the photo.

Back to doing better. During that bunch of time off, I decided I needed to decide what I do and don't like. I decided I don't like slipcovers. What a hassle. Sit, get up, tuck - sit, get up, tuck. It's too much for me. Brian's slipcover looks great, mine look less so. I ripped them off last night...and when I got up I didn't have to tuck, ripping fingernails during the process. So what if the cats wallow all over the upholstered furniture? I've got a vacuum.

I have (again) decided I don't like being fat. This has nothing to do with health, it's pure vanity. So, it's up to me to do something about it. I always say that I can't lose weight because I can't spend money on new clothes. Well, there always seems to be money to replenish the "fat" wardrobe - nothing like believing one's own lies! LOL

I've decided I don't like all the junk around my house. Fifty years of collecting my own stuff, plus 30 years of people dumping stuff on me because they can't summon up the courage to take responsibility for getting forever rid of it (you know..."If I give it to Kitty, she'll keep it forever...") Out it goes!

I've decided I don't like telling myself "you can't.....rake the leaves, mow the lawn, keep the house clean, grow your hair, cook for yourself, afford that (fill in the blank).

It's a New Year, a New World and, with some effort, a New Kitty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you, Kitty. I know you can do it. I'm also glad to know it wasn't just me trying and failing to upload photos today. See you tonight??

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home