Monday, July 16, 2007

Little Katie...

My precious orange and white ball of fire is currently at Auburn University's College of Veterinary Medicine. At the behest of my local vet, Friday I drove her over for a blood transfusion and it seems to be working; she's making her own red blood cells now and she's eating a bit on her own. On arrival her condition was "guarded" but she's now "fair." She'll probably be there all week -- or maybe longer.
The best the staff can diagnose is an auto-immune problem which may or may not recur.
I sure would like her home.
I have three other cats. They've always been indoor/outdoor kitties. The vet is begging me to make them exclusively indoor cats. I'm going to try, but it's going to be difficult for Princess and Harley, both 11 years old, and Toby, who is six. Yesterday afternoon, I confined them and they were not happy. Retraining is not going to be a piece of cake -- err, cod. I'll give it my best shot.
If anyone reading this blog feels so inclined, a little prayer to St. Francis on behalf of my Katie would be appreciated.
Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm praying for a complete recovery for little Katie. It's amazing how are pets become such an intricate part of our lives. I'd be lost without my two dogs.

3:09 PM  
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Chris, thanks for your thoughtfulness. Katie is doing very well and I'm hopeful of a complete recovery. She's a dear.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home