Monday, July 09, 2007

Best Laid Plans....



After a great 4th of July, a much-needed couple of days off afterward and a satisfying Sunday morning, I had great plans for around the house.


Not to be. Sometimes I just wish Ken Burns would go away. No one can chew up more of my time than Ken Burns. I cannot escape his documentaries, no matter how many times I've seen them. It doesn't matter what the subject is - I'll watch it. This photo is of Peachtree Street (looking north) in 1865.


Yesterday, PBA30 ran a marathon showing of "The Civil War." This is my favorite Ken Burns production. I've seen it at least a dozen times and each time I see something new. I must have missed the part about General Nathan Bedford Forrest all the other times (I have napped through parts of it in the past). Could it be that the East Point streets with "Forrest" in them are named for him?

So, I got nothing done yesterday, but learned some more stuff.
It was a stellar day, thanks to my two best friends, Brian and Rob...and to Ken Burns and the history he tells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home