Friday, February 17, 2006

Changes in the street...



Wow! That seems to be my favorite word these days. Things are changing...and changing fast.

There are so many houses on my street that are either for sale or for rent that it'd make your head spin. This could be good. . .or not so good. My wonderful elderly neighbor put his house on the market about three months ago. It hasn't sold. My wonderful young neighbor put his house up for sale YESTERDAY. We'd been discussing the possibility for a couple of years, but I never thought he'd do it. Well, he did it. I hope both my good neighbors get their asking prices so they can move on with their lives.

As you can see, these are not fancy houses - but they are (or could be) nice houses. Some need renovating, some just need sprucing up -- and some need tearing down.

My property would make a great tear-down as it's got a spacious lot. A very large house could be built on my property, or just about any other property on my street. Most lots these days are 1/4 acre and mine is larger. A new 2-story, 5,000 sq. ft. dwelling could be easily built with room still for a front and back garden. Wonder if that'll ever happen where I live? I've always hoped for a wholesale buyout of the neighborhood for a huge condo complex or something like that, since I'm so close to the heart of Atlanta.

Well, I'm not moving, so I've got to start thinking about paint colors for the interior. I looked up color trends for 2006 and there's so much to choose from. Neutrals are big, greyed-out darks are popular, lavender and violet are pushing blue out the door, and mauve (it's new name is "thistle") is moving toward a renaissance when paired with green accents (hey, that's 80s stuff - could white dance suits and disco be far behind????).

If I'm gonna stay where I am, I've got to make some decisions, roll up my sleeves and get to work.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home